At the beginning of each semester a Welcome Meeting is held for the new incoming students. This is an important moment, not only for the international students, but also for the International Office staff, as it’s a good opportunity to meet and exchange. During this meeting you will be given useful information concerning life at Lille and at Sciences Po Lille, courses, registration, and so on.
Introductive seminarJust before the semester starts, an introductive seminar is offered to our international students. During one week, they can attend the following courses:
• a French language course (6 hours)
• a Methodology course (6 hours)
Please note that these courses don’t allow the students to get credits.
The administrative registration and course registration will be made before the students' arrival.
The students from the Bureau des Internationaux (association in charge of integrating the international exchange students) will organize lots of events, like lunches, visits, parties, games and so on. You will meet your other classmates and will start to live your own international experience.
Useful documentsIf you are accepted to Sciences Po Lille and you come to study in our school, you will be required to submit the following documents for your registration:
• 1 ID picture
• A filled registration form (the form will be sent via email after your letter of acceptance)
• Insurance: The EU students must bring the European health card that will cover them during their full stay at Sciences Po Lille.
Exchange students (including Turkish students) will have to prove that they are covered during their full stay in France. Thus, students will have to submit a certificate proving that their international insurance is valid in France
• Copy of identity Card or passport (with VISA) for students outside the European Union
• Birth certificate (languages accepted: French, English, Spanish, German and Italian; preferably in French for non EU students)-please note that the official translation into French of your birth certificate, along with the original birth certificate, will be necessary for some administrative matters (accommodation subsidy, French health insurance), thus we strongly recommend you to bring the translation into French of your birth certificate
In order to register, you will be required to upload these documents on a specific platform. We will send the necessary information about it once you are admitted to Sciences Po Lille.
For more information, please have a look at our International Student's Guide!