Academic calendar * :
- Registration begins: Monday 30 January 2017
- Application Deadline: Monday 15 May 2017
- Arrival Day: Sunday 25 June 2017
- Orientation, Conference and visit of Lille: Monday 26 June 2017
- First Day of courses: Tuesday 27 July 2017
- Field trip to Memorial: Friday 30 June 2017
- Field trip to Paris: Friday 7 July 2017
- Field trip to Brussels: Friday 14 July 2017
- Last Day of courses: Friday 21 July 2017
* The above schedule is subject to change.
Sciences Po’s Summer School is open to International students from around the world, students from Partner Universities and Sciences Po Lille students.
Eligibility for the Summer School :
Student currently enrolled in an accredited college/university
1. Undergraduate: mandatory “European Affairs background”
2. Postgraduate: GPA 2.5 or above
3. Selection of partner Universities
Sciences Po Lille partner universities’ International Offices are asked to nominate their students via email to firstname.lastname@example.org from February 15 to April 4, 2017.
Students will be required to prove their English Proficiency : TOEFL iBT (a score of 80 or above)/ IELTS (a score of 6.5 or above), 685 TOEIC or other materials proving a corresponding level of English. (Not applicable for native English-speakers and students attending English taught courses in their home university).
The optional French language course welcomes students at every level of French language learning, from complete beginners (Level A0) to the advanced (Level C1).
In order to create relevant and coherent groups, students who are unable to provide evidence of French proficiency will be required to complete a Pre-Arrival French Test to determine the group they will join.
How to apply
Step 1 : Look for information about Sciences Po Lille’s Summer School
This website contains a lot of information about the Summer School and will help you get a better idea of what we offer. Don’t hesitate to consult your International Students Advisor (for credit transfer for instance).
If you have any further questions, please contact us at email@example.com
Step 2 : Choose one elective subject for the mornings (week 1 and 2 / week 3 and 4)
Choose your elective program for each 2 weeks. Indicate on the application form the elective that you have also selected an alternative elective in case your first choice becomes unavailable.
Step 3 : Complete your application form
Download and complete the application form. (Registration begins: Monday 30 January 2017)
Step 4 : Scanning documents
To complete your application, please upload the following compulsory documents :
Format supported : Word, PDF, jpg.
- Nomination letter (only if you are a student in a Sciences Po Lille partner university and you were nominated for the summer school by your International office)
- Identity picture – (jpg) format only (420x540)
- Copy of a valid passport
- Resume in English
- Cover letter in English (500 words max.)
- Certificate of enrollment for the 2015-2016 academic year in a higher education institution
- Copies of transcripts from your last two periods of study
- If applicable health certificate proving disability
- TOEFL/ TOEIC
- A proof of your estimated level in French if you would like to take this option.
Step 5 : Arrange Payment
Payment of the fees has to be done at the time of submitting your application.
The application fee is non-refundable.
Payment can be made through your bank’s secure internet banking website.
If you would prefer to pay by Bank postal money order : Please make cheques payable to “Agent comptable de l’IEP”
Adress : Sciences Po Lille - Service RI - 9, rue Angellier 59000 Lille
Note : Your registration will be considered as valid only after your payment.
Thank you for applying !
You need more information ? firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to meeting you at the 2017 Summer School at Sciences Po Lille.